Tuesday, September 4, 2007

What's up with me?

First off, I do not exactly consider myself that interesting of a person, which seems to be one of the most natural human reactions. My doubts aside, there is at least one little gem of my existence I like to keep close to my heart and that is my love of the German language, people, and culture. There are several aspects to my interest; my most researched is the German language. I spent 3 years in high-school learning German and was even able to pass a fairly high level German class during my first semester of college.

Besides my fascination with the German language I really enjoy their music, which goes hand in hand with the language. I won’t lie; Rammstein is one of my favorite bands. I also have a few other scattered German bands on my humongous play list, including some German techno or trance music. I think one of my greatest learning tools was the fact that I could have music to sing along with and help me with pronunciations.




German cuisine will always have a soft spot next to my heart; some of the greatest “meat and potato” meals in the world come from Germany. Also, the cultural policy of eating like a horse also pleases me. I spent 2 close weeks living with another family in Germany and they all loved my appetite. I would call Germany my home away from home if I had to call it anything. I know the language well enough, I have a love of the culture, and I really enjoy the nightlife. Even day to day activities seemed better in Germany. So, if there is one thing you can’t tell by looking at me, it would be my absolute love of Germany.

6 comments:

Ryan T said...

Rammstein.....nice

mnsupple said...

my room mate is from germany

tippstein said...

also a fan of rammstein...and a true lover of the art of the german sausage (and, of course, the beer!). nice presentation with the youtube clip too.

Hillary Moore said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily Lloyd said...

I absolutley LOVE bratwurst and sauerkraut!! There is a great place in Hoover that serves authentic German food-I'm sure you'd love it!

aepike said...

My brother went to Germany a couple years ago and he showed me pictures..for some reason they were for the most part taken inside a beer hall. How did you post the youtube clip? I also wanted to post a clip but had to use a hyperlink instead.