Tuesday, September 4, 2007

My name is Katie Creel. I am a freshman at Alabama. I am from a small town in lower Alabama, Dothan. I have lived there my whole life, and both my parents grew up there. I love being from there, but I also love to travel. I love to go to New York and Chicago shopping. I also love to go to the Virgin Islands and the Bahamas on vacation. I have ten dogs. I know that is kind of strange to some people, but it is normal to me. Actually all of them stay inside and sleep in beds. They are not all small dogs either. I have one older brother who goes to LSU. I thought I wanted to go to LSU ever since I was smaller, and when my brother went there I really wanted to go. I am so happy I didn't and came to Alabama though. I have met so many new people, and made so many great friends. I do miss my friends from home and the ones who went to different colleges, but it is part of growing up and meeting new people. I love to play tennis, shop, and exercise. I am also a huge junk food eater. I do not eat very big meals, but i love to lay around and eat a whole box of cheese-itz. I am double-jointed in my shoulders, and i love to show people because it freaks them out. I am kind of a gross person in some ways, but never in public or in front of people I don't know very well. I love being at home with my mom and dad. It is my favorite place in the world. I have absoutley loved every minute of college life so far, but with a few exceptions. I haven't liked getting up and going to class everyday, but I know that is why I am here so I have to make myself. It was hard at first being away from home, and not having my mom here to do everything for me. I will admit I am very spoiled, and I was used to having my mom bring me breakfast in bed, make up my bed, and do my laundry. But I know it is time to grow up and I am ready to be on my own. I am kind of scared to find out what it will be like to live on my own, but after only being here almost a month I know it will not be so bad.

2 comments:

tippstein said...

Hey Katie...You realize that I'm going to ask you to show the class your double-jointed shoulders now :)

Hillary Moore said...

I love Chicago! The shopping there is really good.