Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Me in a Nutshell

Hello, my name is Emily Ann Lloyd! I got the Ann part from my mom who received it from her mom. The basics: I am 18 years old, 5’7, and have brown hair. My family consists of a dad, mom, 2 older brothers, and a beloved tiny toy poodle. I was born in Homewood, AL, this was the point in my life where I spent time drawing on the walls, building forts with my brothers, and putting my fake plastic silverware in the air vents. My family and I moved from Homewood to Hoover when I was 4 years old. We moved to a neighborhood which was full of kids my age and my older brothers’ age. I grew up in a picture perfect neighborhood which consisted of all the neighborhood kids playing spotlight (hide and go seek in the dark) together on Friday nights.
I have been blessed with the most amazing parents who have made me who I am today, now what kind of a person have my parents made me become? I absolutely love doing things for other people and making them happy, one of the ways I do this is by cooking. I cook about 85% of the meals in my house and I love seeing the smiles on my family’s faces every time a meal is set on the table. All of the hard work of cooking for someone is taken away when you see the satisfaction on their faces.I hate to disappoint people, so I’ll try and do anything to see them happy. I also can not stand it when anyone is mad at me. When I know I have done something wrong and someone is mad at me I can not get it off my mind. What is weird though is that I am not good at addressing problems, so it’s hard for me to make those people not be mad at me. I have grown up a die hard Alabama fan, so coming to Alabama was a no-brainer for me! While I am here I am studying to become an occupational therapist. After I start a good career in occupational therapy I would love to own my own catering company on the side.

1 comment:

tippstein said...

Hey Emily (That's my wife's name too)...I'm glad you like to cook. As I said, I trained as a chef before I went back to school for English. I hope you'll have some fun with the food essay.
Cheers!