Thursday, September 6, 2007

Puppy Chow-Katie

When I say Puppy Chow most people think dog food, but that is not what I am talking about. The puppy chow I am talking about is really for humans. First of all it is my favorite food in the world! It is made up of Chex cereal, peanut butter, chocolate, and powered sugar. It is the perfect combination of my favorite foods to eat.
It is made up of four ingredients. First you melt the peanut butter and chocolate, either on the stove or the microwave and pour in on top of the chex cereal. It is best to dump everything into a large Ziplock bag. Stir this gooey, delicious mixture together until everything is evenly coated. Then you sprinkle the powered sugar on top of the steaming peanut butter, chocolate, and chex cereal concoction.
Puppy Chow is best made with quality ingredients. I only use General Mills Chex cereal because it is the best. Secondly, I only use Jif peanut butter. “Mom’s like Jif”. The only chocolate chips allowed to penetrate my Puppy Chow are Nestle semi-sweet morsels. These tiny pieces of heaven make the Puppy Chow what it is because the world could not revolve without chocolate. The best brand of powdered sugar is Dixie. Number one is because the South will rise again and number two is because it is the cheapest brand. With these four key ingredients, a wonderful dessert will be formed.
I have been eating puppy chow ever since I was five years old. When I was in kindergarten, we put together a cookbook at my school, and got to choose our favorite recipe. The cookbook was full of fattening treats. Of course I chose puppy chow. It was a huge hit. After all my classmates scarfed my Puppy Chow down, twenty five year olds were covered in powered sugar. Every mom was mad because they had to do so much laundry that night! Puppy Chow is now banned from my elementary school. Everyone who has a sweet tooth will most likely love puppy chow! Since I have such a big sweet tooth, it is delicious to me.
One of my favorite parts about puppy chow is the process you go through to make it. I love melting the peanut butter and chocolate and eating it before I pour it on top of the chex cereal. It is so warm and just melts in my mouth. Then when you pour the powered sugar on top of the hot chex cereal it melts into the middle. If you are not a messy eater, then you will most likely not like puppy chow. It is almost impossible to eat it with out getting powered sugar all over your hands. I love that though, because when you are finished you get to lick your fingers. Writing this is making my mouth water just thinking about how good it is!
I am not sure if many people have ever eaten puppy chow, or even heard of it. I do not know if it is just a food from the south, where I am from, but I do know that if you have not eaten puppy chow you are missing out! Even if you do not like one of the ingredients it is made with, I can almost promise you that you will love the whole thing!
It is really ironic that I love puppy chow so much, because I have ten dogs. I can really relate with “puppy chow”. I know for a fact that the puppy chow I make is a lot better than the puppy chow my dogs eat, and I am sure they would love to have the puppy chow I make better than what they get to eat. One time I tricked my little brother into trying a bite of real Puppy Chow, and he said it was gross. But since dogs are not allowed to have chocolate, they will never be able to savor this delicious treat.
I would compare Puppy Chow to me in that we both combine awesome ingredients to create one cool thing. Like me puppy chow has a variety of ingredients that make up the wonderful food. When I think of puppy chow it makes me happy, and I hope when people think of me they get happy.
I know everyone will not like puppy chow as much as I do, but I still think everyone should try it. I know everyone will not like me, but I think everyone should have an open mind about things. Like trying new foods, and meeting new people.
Anyone can make puppy chow, but not everyone will love it as much as I do. It goes with pretty much any type of party or occasion you want it to. That is how I am. I can be flexible with anything. Also, puppy chow is a messy food, and so am I so we work well together. Puppy chow is a very friendly easy food to have around, and I think I am like that most of the time.
Everyone is different and has different taste, opinions, and comment about everything. No one is going to like everything everyone likes, so you have to find what you like best. Not in just what you eat, but in everything you do. Everyone is so different, and come from different backgrounds, but you know what you like and are drawn to it. I happen to love sweets and junk food. That is why I love puppy chow so much, because it has the best combination of things I like.
Food can be a social thing, but it is a way of life. Everyone has to find what he or she like. Puppy chow can be a good food around, because most people with a sweet tooth will gather around, and that is a good way to find people who have some of the same things in common as you. I hope everyone has tried puppy chow or gets a chance to, because since it is my favorite food, I would love for other people to like it as much as me.

No comments: