Tuesday, September 4, 2007

I am not defined by my name but better described by a nickname. Maggie Supple better depicts my character, compared to Margaret, it is much less formal and a word I identify myself better with. Until I was in sixth grade and we had to fill out our own standardized test papers I did not even know my real name. I grew up in Lafayette, La. It is a small town I will forever see as home. I lived there for eighteen years not only did I know basically every one in the town; everyone knew either my family or me. I have a very traditional Louisiana family, we even own a sugar plantation ; though I am very proud of my Louisiana background and still love the state, moving to Alabama is a step to be on my own. I am most likely the clumsiest person on earth, if there is an uneven patch of sidewalk I will trip over it. It may be due to the fact that I am quite scatter brained and every aspect of my life reflects that. I have had braces for entirely too long, eight years, and have had my jaw broken. That is probably the worst thing someone could ever break, try not eating for six weeks. My current plan, which is subject to change, is to major in international business and minor in French then go to law school. I would like to live somewhere other than the United States for some period of time. I will end up back in the south because I could never leave southern football, or the warm weather.

5 comments:

tippstein said...

I was in New Orleans over the weekend--essentially on an eating frenzy. I _love_ Cajun food.
(also, I had braces for seven years :( )

kcperno said...

I want to live abroad for a while, or at least travel a lot too! But in the end, I could never live anywhere but the South!!!

Aaron Hupp said...

I've always wanted to learn Italian, so I can go live in Rome.

Jim McKenzie said...

That is really funny that you did not know your real name for so long. I am in the same boat. I did not find out that my real name was James until i was around that age. I always thought my name had just been Jim.

Catherine said...

I want to live in another country also! I love to travel and I want to go to all seven continents before I graduate college.
I agree a broken jaw is the worst!