Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Young Dancer

Born in October of 1989, makes me, Leann Morris, one of the youngest girls in my class. It has it advantages but like everything else with advantages, there are the disadvantages. It was not until around my sixteen birthday until I realized what they were. I was the last person of all my friends to get their drivers license. The wait was torture and the humiliation was well humiliating. I had to constantly ask for rides from my peers who eventually got truly annoyed. I had to put on hold the privilege of driving to school for a couple of months because obviously I could not drive. Now, I have to wait to be eighteen, so I can legally be on my own. I am not going to lie the age discrepancy sucks.


Other than my trait of being young, I have a passion of dancing. Dance is an art form that became apart of me when I was nine years old. Everyday after school and sometimes on the weekends I would dance. It was my extracurricular activity all through my middle and high school years. I explored the different types of dancing from ballet, pointe, jazz, hip-hop, lyrical, and modern. All of them became my zeal. I loved the ability to express myself through dance and music. It was a feeling of freedom that I will always remember. I am ashamed to say that I have taken a break from dance classes due to the new lifestyle of college, but I still hold dear my passion of dance. It is my ambition to register for a dance class this coming semester. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

tippstein said...

Hey Leann...
Ever heard of Martha Graham (I'm sure you have). I really love to watch her dance. I think she has one called "into the maze," or something like that, which is fantastic.
Good luck with getting the class.